WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information
Visit us on Facebook
Retford Athletic and Running Club are proud to have been awarded the Sports Club of the Year award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards.
Our super hard working Chairman Gary Longden was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement in Sport award and Dave Maiden was crowned Sports Coach of the Year. Congratulations to Gary and Dave and a great night for Retford AC.
2014/15 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Winter training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
Please note that as from Monday 11th November 2013 all senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands
There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Revised Road Race Club Standards can now be viewed in the
Club Records and Standards category link.
Club Time trials will now be held on the LAST MONDAY in the month.
- RETFORD CROSS COUNTRY - Due to problems at Retford United FC we have had to change the date of the Retford XC to Sunday 22nd February. The race registration and...
- RETFORD HALF MARATHON 2015 – RACE FULL ! - The 2015 Retford Half Marathon is now full. Online entry has closed for the Half Marathon and there will be no "on the day" entry. Places...
- Killamarsh Cross Country - Meeting this year at the Leisure Centre (Opposite ALDI) S21 1EL Centre open from 9:45am The buffet this year is Bacon / Sausage or Egg(v)...
- Killamarsh Cross Country - VENUE CHANGE The second fixture in the inter-club cross country series is at Killamarsh on Sunday 18th January. Please note the venue has...
- Handsworth XC - The first inter-club cross country is at Handsworth this coming Sunday 4th January and the venue is the same as last year, Community Centre next to...