WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information please feel free to come down to one of our training sessions.
Many congratulations to Terry Lovett who won the Lifetime Achievement in Sport Award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards and to Charmian Heaton who won the Senior Volunteer of the Year Award. Well done also to Dave Maiden, Samuel Roberts and to Emma Dakin who were also nominated for awards! Very well deserved and fantastic news for Retford AC!! In addition club President Dorothy Shirley Emerson was named as Greater Manchester Unsung Hero of the Year for her work at grass roots level to encourage children to play sport.
Retford Half Marathon 2014 - HALF MARATHON RACE NOW FULL. FUN RUN PLACES STILL AVAILABLE - For Further Information Click here Visit us on Facebook
2013/14 Membership Fees now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap
Winter training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
Please note that as from Monday 11th November 2013 all senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands
There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Following the AGM on Tuesday 30th April we have two vacancies on the Committee as follows:
These two roles are currently carried out by Gary Longden and Charmian Heaton in addition to their substantive roles as Chairman and Treasurer.
Following London 2012 the Junior section has grown enormously and it would be great to see more representation on the Committee who meet on the first Wednesday of each month.
Nominations or volunteers are welcome at any time so please come forward if you are interested.
- Retford Half Marathon & Family Fun Run - Race Day Instructions - Race Day Instructions . An information pack including Race Day Instructions has now been emailed to all entrants registered for the...
- Handsworth Cross Country - Event details for Sunday March 2nd: The venue is The Old Rectory and Parish Centre, 402b Handsworth Road, S13 9BZ This is a new...
- Ten Pin Bowling - Ken Neal is organising a Ten Pin Bowling and Pizza evening on Wednesday 26th March - two games followed by pizza. Please put your names down on the...
- 2014 Retford Half Marathon - RACE FULL - The 2014 Retford Half Marathon is now full. Online entry has closed and there will be no "on the day" entry. Places are still available for...
- Junior Presentation Night - The Junior Presentation Night will be held at 7pm on Friday 28th February at St Josephs Church Hall. Any senior members are welcome to attend and...