WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information
Visit us on Facebook
Retford Athletic and Running Club are proud to have been awarded the Sports Club of the Year award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards.
Our super hard working Chairman Gary Longden was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement in Sport award and Dave Maiden was crowned Sports Coach of the Year. Congratulations to Gary and Dave and a great night for Retford AC.
2014/15 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Winter training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
Please note that as from Monday 11th November 2013 all senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands
There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
The last training session before Christmas and New Year period will be Monday 22nd Dec.
We are then closed throughout the Christmas and New Year period and start again on Monday 5th January.
- Gerald Story Memorial Fun Run 2014 - Gerald Story Memorial Fun Run 2014 Sunday 28th December starting at 11.00am, (Walkers start 10.30am) Start and Finish at Worksop College ...
- Frostbite 30 success - Congratulations to Ben Harris on his storming run to take pole position at the Frostbite 30 in Nidderdale this morning. One step nearer the...
- Senior Presentation Evening - Christmas Dinner is booked for Wednesday 10th December 7.00pm for 7.30 pm at Deli & Dine. Cost is £20 per person and full payment is...
- Race Report - Worksop Half Marathon 2014 - WORKSOP HALF MARATHON – SUNDAY 27 th OCTOBER 19 members of Retford Athletic and Running Club headed to Worksop on Sunday 27 th ...
- Cross Country Dates 2015 - 4th Jan Handsworth 18th Jan Killamarsh 1st Feb Worksop 15th Feb Retford 1st...