WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information
Visit us on Facebook
Retford A.C. Annual General Meeting
will be held on Tuesday 5th May at 7.00pm
in the Rum Runner PH
see AGM category under Club Info for details.
SUMMER ROAD RACE LEAGUE -1ST RACE.(SOUTHWELL-HEXGREAVE) NEW DATE 22ND APRIL NOT THE 15TH
Retford Athletic and Running Club are proud to have been awarded the Sports Club of the Year award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards.
Our super hard working Chairman Gary Longden was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement in Sport award and Dave Maiden was crowned Sports Coach of the Year. Congratulations to Gary and Dave and a great night for Retford AC.
2014/15 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Winter training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
Please note that as from Monday 11th November 2013 all senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands
There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Revised Road Race Club Standards can now be viewed in the
Club Records and Standards category link.
Club Time trials will now be held on the LAST MONDAY in the month.
- Sherwood Pines 2015 - Unfortunately the Forestry Commission have decided not to allow any large external events in Sherwood Pines in 2015 so we are unable to run the...
- Dark Side Time Trial 26th March - The second Dark Side Time Trial will take place tomorrow night 26th March. Nick Kendall will be at the club from 6:30 to explain the route up...
- 2015 Cross Country Season - Well done to the 31 athletes who represented Retford at the 2015 inter club cross country series where both Men and Ladies finsihed 3rd...
- Hill Training 5th March - Tomorrows hill training (5th March) will be on Howbeck Hill at Clarborough. Meet at the bottom of the hill at 6:45 and ready to start at 7pm...
- RETFORD HALF MARATHON - 2015 - RACE DAY INFORMATION - Race Day instructions for this year's Retford Half Marathon and Family Fun Run (Sunday 8th March) has been emailed to entrants and is...