WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information please feel free to come down to one of our training sessions.
Visit us on Facebook
JUNIORS - please note that the County Championships on 25th and 26th May have been moved from the Moorways to the Harvey Haddon Stadium
Summer training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road. Please note that all senior athletes meet and run at 18:45 to enable greater flexibility between groups.
There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Following the AGM on Tuesday 30th April we have two vacancies on the Committee as follows:
These two roles are currently carried out by Gary Longden and Charmian Heaton in addition to their substantive roles as Chairman and Treasurer.
Following London 2012 the Junior section has grown enormously and it would be great to see more representation on the Committee who meet on the first Wednesday of each month.
Nominations or volunteers are welcome at any time so please come forward if you are interested.
- Sheffield Half Marathon - Nine senior athletes took to the streets of Sheffield this morning for the annual Half Marathon. Congratulations to Peter Tallents for his...
- Calderdale Way Relay - As we have been unable to get a team together for this annual race around the Calderdale Way we have reluctantly withdrawn our entry. Many...
- Sherwood Pines Trail Races - Online entry now open!! - Online registration for the 2013 Sherwood Pines Trail Races is now open. To register please visit the Run Britain website at ...
- Success for U17 athletes - Last Sunday (28th April), our U17 athletes competed at Corby in the new Youth Development League as part of a composite team (with Worksop and...
- A new GOLD standard achieved - Congratulations to Ben Harris for his superb GOLD standard run at the Greater Manchester Marathon on Sunday 28th April where his excellent time of...