WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information
Visit us on Facebook
No. 3 ROAD RACE 10th JUNE
This is now at Wollaton Park, Nottingham
NOT AT NEWSTEAD
For details see Grand Prix page of this website.
Retford Athletic and Running Club are proud to have been awarded the Sports Club of the Year award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards.
Our super hard working Chairman Gary Longden was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement in Sport award and Dave Maiden was crowned Sports Coach of the Year. Congratulations to Gary and Dave and a great night for Retford AC.
2014/15 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Summer training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
All senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands. There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Revised Road Race Club Standards can now be viewed in the
Club Records and Standards category link.
Club Time trials will now be held on the LAST MONDAY in the month.
- North Lincolnshire Half Marathon 2015 - Results - Great results for Retford AC members in rain soaked conditions at this year's North Lincolnshire Half Marathon. Congratulations to all those who took...
- Retford AC runners take to the streets of London and Manchester - Athletes from Retford AC and Running Club hit the streets of London at the weekend to take part in the 35th running of the London Marathon. ...
- Third Dark Side Time Trial - Four off road runners completed the third Dark Side time trial last night and both Bevan Adams and Erika Tasker (paced by Steve Wathall), earned...
- Sherwood Pines 2015 - Unfortunately the Forestry Commission have decided not to allow any large external events in Sherwood Pines in 2015 so we are unable to run the...
- Dark Side Time Trial 26th March - The second Dark Side Time Trial will take place tomorrow night 26th March. Nick Kendall will be at the club from 6:30 to explain the route up...