WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information
Visit us on Facebook
SUMMER ROAD RACE LEAGUE -1ST RACE.(SOUTHWELL-HEXGREAVE) NEW DATE 22ND APRIL NOT THE 15TH
Retford Athletic and Running Club are proud to have been awarded the Sports Club of the Year award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards.
Our super hard working Chairman Gary Longden was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement in Sport award and Dave Maiden was crowned Sports Coach of the Year. Congratulations to Gary and Dave and a great night for Retford AC.
2014/15 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Winter training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
Please note that as from Monday 11th November 2013 all senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands
There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Revised Road Race Club Standards can now be viewed in the
Club Records and Standards category link.
Club Time trials will now be held on the LAST MONDAY in the month.
- RETFORD HALF MARATHON - 2015 - RACE DAY INFORMATION - Race Day instructions for this year's Retford Half Marathon and Family Fun Run (Sunday 8th March) has been emailed to entrants and is...
- Retford Half Marathon and Family Fun Run - Update 15 February 2015 - Updated information on this year's Retford Half Marathon and Family Fun Run (Sunday 8th March) is available on the Retford Half Marathon page ...
- Retford XC Sunday 15th Feb - Can anyone who is available to marshal next Sunday please contact Charmian on 07749 844212 It's worth 100 points in the GP/AR...
- Off road training - From February 2015 the Dark Side will be introducing harder and more structured training sessions each Thursday night. See the FR/XC page for further...
- RETFORD CROSS COUNTRY - Retford United FC have now confirmed our booking and so the date and venue for our home cross country has reverted back to Sunday 15th February from...