WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
Visit us on Facebook
2015/16 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Summer training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
All senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands. There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
2016 Dates for Interclub x/c races
GP races are now on the `events page`
Revised Road Race Club Standards can now be viewed in the
Club Records and Standards category link.
Club Time trials will now be held on the LAST MONDAY in the month.
- Power Surge Route Map - The route for the 2016 EDF Energy Power Surge hosted by Cottam Power Station has now been confirmed. See the Power Surge category for a link to...
- Breaking News - The Idle Valley Brewery have very kindly agreed to sponsor the pub run on Thursday night. They have offered bottles of beer to all category...
- EDF Energy Power Surge 2016 - Online and postal entries are now open for the 2016 Power Surge race which will be held over a brand new course from Cottam Power Station. ...
- Summer Road Race League 3 - SL3 hosted by Redhill RR is at Colwick Park – entry via Racecourse Road NG2 4EE. The course is identical to the HP Grand Prix 5 mile ...
- 401 Challenge - Retford AC are delighted to support Ben Smith in his amazing personal challenge to run 401 marathons on 401 consecutive days. On Thursday 5th...