WELCOME TO THE RETFORD AC WEBSITE
|The club was founded in 1983 by a small group of athletes mainly interested in road running and developing opportunities for Senior Athletes at club level. The juniors section was formed later to deliver basic skills in Athletics with some competition opportunities club level. |
The Club is always on the look out for new members of all abilities across the junior and senior sections, for new volunteers, and for people to train as coaches.
For more information
Visit us on Facebook
Retford Athletic and Running Club are proud to have been awarded the Sports Club of the Year award at the Bassetlaw Sports Awards.
Our super hard working Chairman Gary Longden was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement in Sport award and Dave Maiden was crowned Sports Coach of the Year. Congratulations to Gary and Dave and a great night for Retford AC.
2014/15 Membership Fees are now due! Please complete the Senior membership form (click here) and pass it (with payment) to Paul Geldeart or Charmian Heaton asap. Forms and payment can be left with Bobbi in the pavilion on club nights so no excuses.
Summer training for Junior and Senior athletes is now underway at Oaklands playing fields at the bottom of Caledonian Road.
All senior road running groups will meet and run at 18:30 to allow parents of junior athletes to get back before the end of the junior training session. The fell runners will continue to meet and run at 7pm from Oaklands. There is also a strength and conditioning session in the pavilion starting at 19:30
Revised Road Race Club Standards can now be viewed in the
Club Records and Standards category link.
Club Time trials will now be held on the LAST MONDAY in the month.
- Ladders Updated - Now that 5 out of 9 GP events have been run I have updated the Club Ladders and all climbers ir new entries are highlighted in Green. Please shout...
- Checkpoints announced - Just over a week to go to the Pints make Points orienteering run on 2nd July. For those of you who want to do a bit of planning, here are the nine...
- Trail race for the All Rounder - The first trail race for the All Rounder competition will be the EDF Energy Power Surge 10k on Sunday 1st November. See event page for further...
- EDF Energy Power Surge 2015 - The second EDF Energy Power Surge 10k and family fun run will be held on Sunday 1st November and online entries are now open for both races. ...
- Pints make Points - Plans are well underway for the orienteering event with a difference on Thursday 2nd July. All the checkpoints will be public houses in the...